Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kenya Safe To Travel 2010 Tanzania Elections 2010 - Will It Be Safe To Travel?

Tanzania elections 2010 - will it be safe to travel? - kenya safe to travel 2010

I am planning a trip and volunteering in East Africa in the autumn and winter. I hope that in Tanzania in September / October and I found that national elections will be held in the fall. I know that the violence after the elections, see a real threat (Kenya 2007 can be), so I wonder if I should for this reason my plans change? If someone lives in Tanzania, and knows the situation, what would you suggest? Is she at risk? This can leave for Tanzania to change my plans in early October, but I do not know if this would be possible to escape danger? I stay close to Arusha, where it makes a difference. Any help or advice you have is very grateful!

1 comments:

Erik said...

Despite Kenya and Tanzania share a lot of history there are many differences between the two countries since independence. Disagreements between the main ethnic groups are much larger than Kenya, Tanzania. You can not really compare the level of political competition and violence. So I would say it is definitely travel to Tanzania during the elections, with one exception: Zanzibar. It was the violence in Zanzibar in the last election and will probably some time this year. Stay away from Zanzibar elections and you will be safe.

Post a Comment